Friday 15 March 2013

Blog Spotlight: Nails by Kaylz

Since signing up for the A to Z Challenge it's got me thinking about blogging a lot more than I have in the past. I like that little communities spring up around particular blogs and it's made me aware that there are quite a few blogs that I read, but which I don't necessarily comment on.

I was trying to think of a way that I could acknowledge some of those blogs, without just posting a random comment on a random blog post because I think I should. Then I thought, maybe I could just share them on here and perhaps people who wouldn't otherwise visit their blogs will check them out and might find another blog they like.

So I'm starting this off with my good friend Kay from over at Nails By Kaylz. I've known her from the HTV forum site that we both frequent, but since then we chat on Facebook and Twitter as well.

Nails By Kaylz banner
Her blog is predominantly a nail blog (the clue is kind of in the name), though her lovely kitties, Dennis and Freya, often get little mentions too. I have to admit that I'm not that knowledgeable about nail art, but I do like to look at the pictures.

I should probably mention here that I actually have a bit of a nail phobia; I used to grow my nails quite long, purely because I hated clipping them. Now the words 'bend', 'break' and 'snap' in relation to nails makes me freak out just a little bit. Most of the bits and pieces you get in manicure sets look like instruments of torture to me, which just makes me admire people who can do pretty things with their nails all the more.

My personal favourite of Kay's nail designs has to be this butterfly design (you can also see it in the banner above). Seriously, is that not the most amazing thing in the world. As someone who has a bit of a butterfly collection, I think that is a brilliant design. It's part of a year long challenge that she's taking part in with three other girls from HTV (Saz, Bob and Sammie - I'll share some of my favourites from their blogs in the future); each week they have to come up with a different design following a particular theme.

Every time I look at these nail blogs it amazes me, I think about getting my (meagre) supply of nail varnishes out and then change my mind and decide to leave it to the experts. If that's something that you're interested in, you might like to visit her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)