Friday 26 December 2014

Chapter-by-Chapter: The Carnivorous Carnival

So that we can get back on track with the regular Chapter-by-Chapter schedule, I thought I'd introduce the next book now, then we can get started on the first chapter next Monday. My New Year's resolution is going to involve being way more organised with my blog, I'm designing a spreadsheet and everything!


Anyway, this book is called The Carnivorous Carnival and takes place at, you guessed it, a carnival. To further hammer home this point the cover image shows a fortune teller gazing into a crystal ball. Unfortunately for the Baudelaires, the future is looking none too rosy as they can be clearly seen in the ball, along with a large mouth full of sharp pointy teeth. I'm hazarding a guess at the mouth belonging to a tiger.

The spine of this book is purple and the border along the edge of it is red with carnival tickets running along it. It took me a moment to figure out what they were.

I remember very little of this book. I know that the children end up working as attractions at the carnival. Violet and Klaus pretend to be a person with two heads and Sunny becomes 'Chabo the Wolf Baby'... I think. I don't remember how the 'carnivorous' aspect of it comes in, though from the front cover I'm going to guess that it involves tigers, or some other big cats.

Other than that? I remember nothing.


It'll make it a fun read at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)