Sunday 8 December 2013

Project 52: Community Band

I've kind of slipped up with my Project 52 posts. I have been taking photos but I've sort of stopped following the themes set on the BBC site. I'm just taking photos of things that I like and want to photograph. It's working out a bit better for motivating me actually, so I'm going to finish up the year photographing what I want to.

As I said yesterday, we went out to the Christmas Fayre on the square at the centre of town and the community band played for almost an hour. I'd been asked to take my camera with me to get some photos for them. It'd been a while since I'd had my camera out and it was good to have an excuse to take photos, completely unposed.

I spent the first bit of the session with my little lens on and taking photos of everyone, but once I knew I'd got a few which they could use I started playing around a bit and taking photos of things I wanted to. I don't normally have an excuse to take photos of actual people, so I had good fun doing it.

Community Band
Right from when it started I wanted to get a photo like the one above. I wanted to look through an instrument or between two of the band members at their music. This one turned out exactly the way I wanted it to.

I've been asked to take photos at the concert they'll be doing later in the week and I was a little bit unsure about doing it, but I had so much fun yesterday that I'm quite looking forward to it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)