Sunday 15 December 2013

Project 52: Meeting Santa

Last night was my work's Christmas night out. I can honestly say it was a huge success.

I'd been at work all day but still had enough time to get home and watch Arthur Christmas (fantastic film by the way) before getting all dressed up in the festive outfit I'd picked up in Edinburgh. The weather had been awful all day and I was a little bit worried that we would get trapped on the Estate by fallen trees or something, but we were okay and arrived just after the busload of my colleagues.

The meal was lovely. I went for the proper Christmas dinner with all the trimmings and I ate almost all of it. Then, in the lull between the main course and pudding, Santa showed up to do the raffle. I won a tin of biscuits and got a hug and kiss from Santa too.

It was quite funny how excited a room full of adults can get when there's the prospect of getting a photo taken with Santa. Of course I had to get one of Mr Click:


And I didn't want to be left out of the action either:


Ignore my unshod feet in the above photo, I took my super high heels off during the meal and didn't put them back on again until we moved back into the bar.

Because we'd checked Tara into the local kennels we were able to stay right to the very end as well. It was a lovely evening with really good company and it's really put me in a Christmassy mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)