Sunday 18 May 2014

Weekly Rundow - The School's Out For Summer Edition

This week has felt incredibly long, probably mainly due to the fact that I’ve actually been at work every day for the first time since the beginning of April. I’ve gotten far too used to having my Mondays or Fridays off. At least there’s a bank holiday coming up in another couple of weeks.

My main achievement this week has been getting my EMA completed. I’d aimed to submit it this Tuesday, but after spending best part of Friday evening and most of Saturday working on it, I got it finished. It seems silly to hang onto it knowing all the bad things that can happen to good laptops. I’d rather know it was safe in the hands of the OU instead of sitting on my laptop where anything might happen in the next three days.

So it’s gone and I’m now courseless. It’s quite nice in a way to know that my time is my own now. I can get home from work in the evening and sit with my knitting without feeling guilty, I can read what I want to without feeling guilty about it not being a course book, I can sit and play on my Kindle for hours and hours and not feel bad that I’m not looking up stuff for my course. I always find this a nice feeling at first but as time passes I end up growing restless.

Although hopefully I won’t be completely without a project this summer. We’re hoping to get some ratties again soon. We didn’t replace our girls last year because it just wasn’t practical or fair at the time. Now we’ve got space for them again and I’ve also found two people who are willing to ratsit when we’re off the island… I may have actually talked one of those people into getting rats of their own as well!

Aside from poring over the Readers for my course as I’ve been working on my EMA, I’ve also managed to read a couple of books this week. I mentioned last week that I had started reading Discovering Words, well I finished it last Sunday. It was a very quick read. So I went straight on to Bored of the Rings. Friday night I was about forty pages from the end and I had been so sure that it would be a quick read that I was determined to get it finished. I could barely keep my eyes open but I got it finished and I’ve since moved on to Service of All the Dead by Colin Dexter, the fourth of the Morse series. It’s been a while since I read one of these and I’m looking forward to it.

We’re speeding through The Two Ronnies, onto series ten now. The format of this series has changed slightly and it’s obvious that they’ve got more of a budget than the really early series. It seems a bit shorter as well and I think we’ll be through with it by midway through the week.

We slowed down our viewing speed of Criminal Minds a little this week, but then kind of caught ourselves up a bit towards the end. The slowing down was partly because I was needing to work on my EMA and couldn’t concentrate on writing an essay and trying to solve the whodunit; the speeding up because they frustratingly ended one episode with a cliffhanger (one of the team got shot!) and there was no way I would be able to concentrate on writing an essay without knowing if they were going to make it.

We’ve also carried on watching the Star Wars films. Yesterday it was Revenge of the Sith. It’s one that I’ve seen the least number of times and it’s quite cool to think that we’ll be going on to watch the original trilogy just about a week after the first day of filming Episode Seven. Well, geeky!Click thinks it’s cool.

So what about my plans for the upcoming week?

Well, I’m revelling in the fact that I can watch my deadline go sailing past on Thursday without worrying about it, knowing that I’ve already submitted my EMA. I’m going to be doing a lot of knitting, a lot of reading, and a lot of playing online and catching up. I’ve also got a charity thing on Wednesday and a trip to the mainland to look forward to.

It’s going to be busy, but a relaxing kind of busy, hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like your have been quite productive in addition to your class project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always like to have a couple of things on the go at once. It's going to be weird having so much time to myself now I've finished my course!

      Delete

Let me know what you think. :-)