Friday 5 August 2016

Chapter-by-Chapter: New Moon, Catching Up

It's been quite a while since I last posted a Chapter-by-Chapter post and for all my complaining about the Stephenie Meyer Twilight books, I do quite enjoy offering a commentary on them. I just didn't enjoy devoting precious time to reading them when I was very limited about when I could get online and how long I could spend there once I was.

Now that's not at issue, I'll be getting back to it.


Next week!

In the meantime, I thought I'd just give you guys a little recap on where we got up to.

Basically Bella has spent much of her time in Forks this year moping around because Edward ditched her. She's swung from being deeply depressed to virtually self-harming in order to hear Edward's voice in her head, to being slightly obsessed with her friend Jacob.

The Jacob obsession only grew larger when he mysteriously disappeared for a while. Bella didn't believe his dad's claim that he was ill and so bugged him and dug until she discovered that he's actually a werewolf. He's also involved in a sort of town security thing, which is more necessary than ever because it seems that there's a wild animal eating the tourists to the area.

Except, it's not an animal, it's the vampire girlfriend of the vampire Edward killed for trying to eat Bella. That's right, it's vampire Victoria! And she wants to get Bella this time.

Jacob and the gang are out to get her, but Bella's going to go along too since she's got insider knowledge of vampire culture (and how to kill them or something).

So next week we'll be picking up with Chapter 14: Family.

See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)