Thursday, 29 September 2016

Jumping the Gun

Back last week when we saw Dr L., I raised the question of getting the ball rolling for IVF Fresh Cycle 2.5 in February 2017.

She had no problems with this, even going so far as to agree with us that we didn't need the stress of the weather affecting our treatment. Totally justified as at the weekend this was the message against our sailings from Friday onwards:

Now imagine seeing that when you've got a scan to check on your follicle growth, or worse, you've taken your trigger shot and have to be at the hospital in exactly twelve hours time. Yeah, waiting until the spring is definitely the right choice here.

Dr L. said that in order to book this magical February cycle all I would need to do is call and leave a message for J. to let her know our intention to start up in February. She did follow this up with the caveat that we probably wouldn't be able to book that until early January.

But I'm not going to let a little thing like that deter me.

So I called up in my lunch break at work last Thursday. To be fair, I did completely forget about it until the end of my first break, so it wasn't quite top of my list of things to do.

When you call the hospital they have a very helpful automated system where you punch in various numbers depending on whether you want to make an outpatient appointment (hang up and redial this other number), the nurses, the doctors, the medical secretary, book a treatment cycle, yada yada yada. Occasionally they rearrange them, just to keep you on your toes.

I selected the option for booking a treatment cycle and left a message. I got a call back the very next day. Impressive, since I'm still waiting for a call back from the nurses to discuss stopping the drugs for my last cycle (don't worry, I figured out by myself that I was probably good to stop them four months ago).

It was from J. and she sounded slight exasperated and rather amused that I was so ahead of schedule. It would appear that they can book schedules three months in advance, so I'm jumping the gun rather. The gist of the call is that I should phone back at the start of December to get ourselves slotted in.

I've already marked the date I'm calling in my Bullet Journal.


  1. Replies
    1. Just eager to get it started, hehe, even if I do have to wait five months.


Let me know what you think. :-)