Tuesday 2 October 2012

Good Thoughts Needed



My little study buddy, Bell, developed a lump a little over a month ago. We took her to the vet who said she was a bit fat and that due to the risk of the anaesthetic we should see whether it got any worse and try to slim her down a little bit.

Well, a month on and it's much bigger, so back to the vet we went today. The choice is really just to see if she can handle the surgery, or let nature take its course. We'd talked about it a lot before we took her in and decided to go for the op because at the rate that the lump has been growing, if we had her put to sleep when it started seriously affecting her mobility, I think we'd only have another two weeks with her and I'd hate for her to be suffering during that time.

She's only ten months old and is still just as keen on her food, climbs and burrows and snuggles with her sisters. She's my beautiful Bell-rat who snuffles and chatters and gives me kisses when I'm giving her cuddles. For a while if you searched for 'cute rat pics' on Google images, her picture was one of the top results.

So if you could spare a little thought for Bell tomorrow, I'd appreciate it. I know I'm going to be on edge all day tomorrow waiting to find out how she gets on. At least we'll know that we really tried everything for her and I desperately hope that we get to bring her home for more snuggles.

1 comment:

  1. Sends a wealth of good thoughts and positive thinking

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. :-)