Wednesday 16 November 2016

Currently...

Being...
... a rather lax blogger.

I was full of intentions to post on Monday and get some NaNo done as well before I went out for a meal with a group of friends (for one of the group's birthday). Except, I never actually got as far as switching on my laptop before I went out.

That means my NaNo word count has taken a bit of a hit as I didn't get any writing done yesterday. It was late by the time I got home and showered, so in the end I just left it. I'm still optimistic that I'll hit 50,000 words by the end of the month, but I'm not sure I'll be at the end of the story by then.


I need less than 900 words per day to the end of the month to finish on time, and I'm optimistic I can double that on some days before the 30th.

Anticipating...
... not one but two trips to the mainland!

One is pleasure; a trip to the cinema to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, which was going to be a trip for Mr Click's birthday except I'm desperate to see it as soon as possible. We managed to get a good deal on our contents insurance so we're using the money we've saved for a slightly earlier than planned trip. I may also get some Christmas shopping in too.

The other is definitely not pleasure!

I mentioned a little while ago that at least one of my wisdom teeth is slated for demolition. Well, I've got an assessment appointment where they will have a good poke around and figure out the best method of attack. Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to that trip so much!

Watching...
... The Wizard of Oz.

It's the penultimate film in our Not Quite Christmas List. Tomorrow we're watching Bridget Jones's Diary and then on Friday we'll be watching the first of our 38 Christmas Films.

As we've been watching, each time I hear a Christmas song I've been adding it, or a variation of it, to my Christmas playlist on Spotify. Considering we've not actually started on the real Christmas films, it's grown pretty large already. I've got almost 60 tracks (including two Christmas albums which I stumbled upon by chance). It's going to be a behemoth by Christmas Day!

Reading...
... The Plains of Passage.

Still.

I've managed to get about halfway through in three weeks. I'm determined I'm going to finish it by the end of the month, though there's no way I'm taking it with me to Glasgow or the dentist which I head off the island. It weighs an absolute tonne!

I'm looking forward to finishing it and getting stuck into some Christmas Kindle books.

What're you currently up to?

2 comments:

  1. My father just offered to take me to Fantastic Beasts next week, so apparently I'm going to see that, too. Sorry about the wisdom tooth. But, it looks like your NaNo is right on track. That's why you write so much early, so when the unexpected happens, you don't get behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it. We booked our tickets this morning and I'm thrilled. :-)

      And that's always my thinking when I NaNo. I often slow down as the month goes on so this way I'm covered.

      Delete

Let me know what you think. :-)