Wednesday 27 June 2012

There's an app for that...

Now that we've got a smartphone for internet access at home I've been able to blog a little more frequently, which is nice. In the past there have been things I've wanted to write blog posts about but by the time I've actually had an internet connection the moment has passed.

On my computer I use Windows Live Writer which lets me write my posts without an internet connection (and then cheerfully screws up my formatting when I upload them). It's good for writing book review posts though just a bit of a hassle if you're wanting to write a short entry. Plus there's the hassle of writing everything a week in advance so you can upload and schedule things.

For a while I used the Blogger free app, which was good. Though it was a little disappointing that you could only add one photo (and only at the very end of the post at that). The more I used it, the more little things started to niggle at me; like the fact that you couldn't schedule posts and they would automatically be posted on the day that they were started even if you'd posted dozens of posts since then, so it'd be buried amongst the others.

So I started looking around at apps. With my old iPhone I did have an app which I know I used a couple of times for blogging, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Then I found Blogpress and it seemed to tick all the boxes. And for the sake of £2.99 I decided to give it a go.


And here it is. It's letting me insert pictures where I want them, schedule posts and even change aspects of the font. Exactly what I wanted.

And so far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)