Thursday 6 November 2014

Wreck This Journal: Collected Quotes

I’ve always enjoyed collecting quotes, so it seemed natural that I would add some to my Wreck This Journal. One of them I wrote around the outside of the page edges which I’ll share at some point in the future. There are several pages within the book that I could’ve used to collect these but I’ve kind of made my own page for them.

That’s mainly because something that Mr Click bought came with a large sticky card with a quote on from Isaac Newton:


“If I have seen further than others,
it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants”
- Isaac Newton

It’s such a big card that I just stuck it onto the first blank page I came across, directly opposite the page that told me to write my name in a variety of different ways.

Then when I was chopping up a magazine (which I was using for Ws, numbers and bugs) I found another quote that I like:

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world”
Mahatma Gandhi

About ten years ago I wrote a poem about a character who was always giving out little bits of advice (which ended with “The whole world’s a stage, so don’t trip over the scenery.”) and that was one of the quotes that I used in it, so it got glued in just underneath my other quote.

I don’t really have much room for any other quotes on this page, but I’m sure I’ll squeeze them in elsewhere. There’s a page for things that make you happy so I’m sure some of my favourites will end up in there.

Oh, and when I was at Edinburgh Zoo the other week I got a lovely new notebook (made out of stone!) and pen which I’ve started adding quotes to. I’m actually planning on making up some cross stitch designs with them (like the old fashioned samplers but with more modern quotes on).


Do you collect favourite quotes? How do you record them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)