Thursday 29 January 2015

Wreck This Journal: The Front Cover

I’ve neglected my Wreck This Journal and Finish This Book since before Christmas. In the run up to Christmas I seemed to be spending my time doing things like cross-stitch, making paper chains and doing Christmas doodles, so my other ‘interactive books’ were sort of set to one side and not really opened.

So I’m trying to get back on track with them, especially as I’ve also now got my The You & Me Book and my Q & A a Day book that I’m working on. And my journal. And my book journal. I’m beginning to suspect that I might have a bit of an obsession here.

But this is my attempt to start sharing my progress again, so we should go back to the beginning.


I knew when I got this book that it was unlikely that it was going to stay looking smooth and nice for very long. But I was kind of hesitant to actually get started. When a friend let me have some stickers, I decided to use those to spice up the cover a little bit, purely to pretty it up and make it a little bit easier to destroy further down the line.



And after being carried around in my bag daily for the last few months it’s starting to show it. The corners and edges are getting a little bit worn and creased now which somehow makes it a little easier to think about wrecking it more. If it’s already looking a bit ruined, it’ll make it easier to help it along on its way.

I quite like that you can see along the bottom edge how it's getting worn and that there are some dings to the spine. Normally I'd freak out a little about a book, or even a nice notebook, getting marks on it like this. I think I'm doing a pretty good job of wrecking this one even without following the wrecking instructions for a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)