Monday 5 October 2015

Reading Challenge: What's Still To Come?

Last week I shared my progress on the Reading Challenge issued by Popsugar which I jumped into at the beginning of the year. There's only another thirteen weeks still to go (fourteen if you include the book that I read last week but didn't include the list last Monday, because I read it after I wrote that).

I thought I'd share what I'm planning to read in the next three months, perhaps you'd like to make some suggestions for books I could include for each option.

From Popsugar.
A book with a colour in the title: The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman (1st time read) (read this one last week)

A book that made you cry: The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (Reread)

A book with magic: Not sure yet

A graphic novel: Not sure yet

A book by an author you've never read before: Something off my bookshelf

A book you own but have never read: Something off my bookshelf (somewhere near the bottom)

A book that takes place in your hometown: Going to have to ask at the local bookshop, otherwise I'll find something set on the West Coast of Scotland

A book that was originally written in a different language: I'm sure I've got something on my bookcase or Kindle that'll do

A book set during Christmas: Letters to Father Christmas by J.R.R. Tolkien (Reread), or A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (Reread), or one of the numerous free Kindle Christmas books I've got (1st time read)

A book written by an author with your same initials: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (Reread)

A play: Probably something by Shakespeare, Twelfth Night is my favourite, but I'd rather read something new

A banned book: Something from a banned book list, preferably one available through Project Gutenberg

A book based on or turned into a TV Show: Since we've been watching M*A*S*H I'm leaning towards MASH by Robert Hooker (1st time read)

A book you started but never finished: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Reread/1st time read)


As you can see, I'm about halfway there. I've got ideas for some and some I'll just comb my bookcase for closer to the time. But if you've got suggestions for any of the weeks I'm swithering about, feel free to leave suggestions in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)