Friday 25 November 2016

Amazon's A New Night Before Christmas Competition

Is anyone else entering this competition on Amazon?

From here.
Amazon have launched a competition to write a new version of 'Twas The Night Before Christmas, also known as A Visit From St. Nicholas by (probably) Clemence Clark Moore.

Mr Click sent me a message about it back on the 15th and since I was freaking out about having to go to the dentist to get a tooth taken out, I threw myself into trying to come up with something in keeping with the original, but y'know, modern.

I've actually prioristised this over my NaNoWriMo writing because hey, this could get me a Kindle and £2,000 to spend on Amazon. I came home from work today with the intention to banish Mr Click from the room while I worked on the final few lines. It took me less than half an hour to finish it and now I'm just in the 'polishing it up' stage.

I'm pretty proud of what I've ended up with. I've managed to tell a little story in rhyming couplets, (mostly) sticking to the rhythm of the original. It would be really lovely to win.

And if I don't, look out for it on here in the future.

2 comments:

  1. No, I did not hear about this. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've just submitted mine today. They're announcing the winner next week, so keep everything crossed. ;-)

      Delete

Let me know what you think. :-)