Sunday 8 May 2016

Weekly Rundown: New Drawers

When I got some money for my birthday I spent a while trying to work out what it was I should spend it on. Mr Click and I spent a while trying to come up with something I might have wanted to put it towards; I spent a while looking at books in Waterstones but there wasn't anything that I really needed and I got so many lovely things for my birthday that I'd wanted.

On the journey home from Glasgow I looked at Amazon and after skirting around DVDs and boxsets that I'd like to get I eventually settled on something that I've needed for a while. Storage space.

I wish I'd taken a before photo of what the area around my living room chair looked like. I had a little side table which was piled high with tubes of washi tape, magazines, books, writing paper, pens and all the other bits and pieces. That's not including my knitting supplies which lived in a bag beneath the table or the letter writing supplies which usually spread out across the windowsill (on the other side of the chair).

The problem was, I wanted to get it all organised, but I also wanted to have it all within reach; so it was no use stashing it away in cupboards or up in the spare bedroom. I'd been talking about getting some sort of storage drawers to go in the space where the little table stood. And this seemed like the perfect thing to spend my birthday money on.

So we got them ordered and then it was just a question of waiting for it to arrive, which it finally did on Friday. It was like my birthday all over again!

Friday was spent getting all of the things stacked up on the table stashed away in my new drawers. Of course, by the time they'd arrived I'd already figured out what was going in each drawer and it didn't take me long to get it set up. I'm hoping that since the drawers are clear, it'll be an incentive to keep it well organised in there. So far I have a drawer for stickers and washi tape, one for colouring books and colouring pencils, one for notepads and craft paper, and one for my knitting supplies.

Not only have I got the big plastic unit, but I got a great bargain in WH Smith on Thursday as well. We'd been in there the week before to pick up some brush pens and I got a £5 off £20 or more voucher, so while we were in Glasgow we popped back up there and to see if there was anything I needed.

I managed to resist the temptation of all the books, pens and other shiny stationery things. Meanwhile, as I was wandering the shop, Mr Click had spotted something he thought I would like. At the other end of the shop I found something which I thought was even better than whatever he'd found. Well, it turns out that we'd both found the same thing.

More drawers!

Little butterfly patterned desktop ones, just the right size to stand on top of my brand new drawers. They were £19.99 or buy one get one free, so I picked up some matching storage boxes (which I got for free) and some writing paper to take me over the £20 for the voucher. In the end I got over £42 worth of stuff for £16.88.



And my living room is way more organised than it was before. Mr Click is especially pleased because he's now got the side table back to use his radio stuff on.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the new drawers and some of them are very colorful. It's always nice to have more space to put things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm really pleased with them. And nearly a month on and I'm still keeping them tidy. :-)

      Delete
  2. Great use of the space. I bet it makes it easier to find your stuff as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does. And because the drawers are clear it's a great incentive to keep everything tidy and well organised inside too.

      Delete

Let me know what you think. :-)