Sunday 3 February 2013

Project 52: Week 4 - Ice

Given the weather for the UK two weeks ago was pretty much all snow and ice, I thought that ice would be a fairly simple theme to catch a photo of. Unfortunately, I live in Scotland, on a little island which was one of the only places in the country which didn't get any snow.

Actually, that's a lie, we had a little bit of snow, but it was fairly feeble and didn't even try to settle. It definitely looked pretty from my desk at work as I watched snow flurries outside, but it didn't really help much with my theme challenge. So I went back to my old standby, random words in books, things around the house (Ice Age cuddly toy anyone?) and other nifty little tricks.

In the end I found inspiration on a blog post of a friend. Over at The Really Good Times my friend posts photos of words which represent her day, one of which was snow cleverly made out of scarves, gloves and a hat. It seemed like a good way to represent ice.

Week 4: Ice
I experimented with a couple of different angles and backgrounds for the word. I think it would have looked better if I'd used a different background, the table looked better because it was darker than the carpet (the white sort of blended into the beigey-light brown of the floor). I think a better background would have been one of our dark blue bathtowels but I didn't think of that until after I'd had a shower one evening and it was all damp.

I also tried using the word 'icy' but the scarf wasn't quite long enough. I considered using more than one scarf (between us, Mr Click and I have quite a collection) but I do really like the joined up text style here.

On the whole I'm quite pleased with how this turned out; I think I found a creative way to adapt the challenge which was what I was wanting to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)