Thursday 2 January 2014

Day Zero Project: Buy a dress I feel confident enough to wear

I have always tended to wear clothes that I feel comfortable in, rather than whatever the current fashion is. This inevitably means I wind up wearing jeans and t-shirts. Or when I get dressed up it's black trousers and a smart top

It's a self-confidence thing more than anything. I feel self conscious of my chest, thighs, bum and some of the bits in between as well, so the best way to avoid drawing attention to them is to wear something plain and not too showy, because that way people won't pay attention to me.

Well, in recent years I've found that my confidence levels have grown and grown. I've gone in for things at work that I never would've considered going in for before. Now when Mr Click tells me I look beautiful in something, I'm rather inclined to agree with him, rather than think he's just saying it to be nice (which I'll admit, some of the time he probably is).

Wearing dresses is one of those things that I don't do very often, but back at the beginning of 2012 I put it on my list of things to do. I have short chunky legs and for years I've struggled to find outfits that don't make me look too short and frumpy. I have kind of chunky knees and so always used to wear skirts that came to below my knee, to hide them, which in actual fact just made me look shorter.

So when I discovered I needed a dress for a posh awards thing, I decided I knew exactly what I wanted. I wanted a dress with a white bodice top and black skirt which came to just above my knees. I found exactly what I was looking for in New Look:


You can't see my legs in this photo, but believe me they're there and they look good. ;-)

And now I've got not just one dress which I look good in, but two:


So yeah, that confidence thing is kind of a thing of the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)