Thursday 9 January 2014

Day Zero Project: Get breakfast in bed for my husband

This is one that I've only just achieved recently.

Ever since we moved into our little cottage, Mr Click has been in charge of the kitchen. With good reason. My last two forays into the kitchen have involved me throwing toast all over the cooker, nearly breaking the grill pan in the process, and grating my thumb instead of the lump of cheese I was supposed to be working with.

So it's understandable that the kitchen is firmly his domain. And he does a good job too. There's very little that he can't turn into some sort of edible meal, and the slow cooker I got him for Christmas has prompted him to try a whole bunch of new meals as well.

That's not to say I'm a complete failure in the kitchen. I can cook. When I need to. But he's much better at it than I am, and he doesn't make so much of a mess either.


Each morning begins in more or less the same way. The alarm goes off, I turn it off, head to the bathroom and deal with the dog, then Mr Click gets up and deals with our breakfast. It's quite easy now he's got his funky coffee machine, he sets it up the night before and the most I ever have to do is press the button to turn it on if it's not had the timer set the night before.

For Mr Click's birthday last month I did actually get up and not only press the button on the coffee machine, but also poured it into his mug and taken the nice fancy breakfast out of its packet, put it onto the plates and then took it through to the bedroom. We don't have croissants that often, but it made for a nice easy breakfast in bed that day.

I'd love to do some sort of fancy fry up or pancakes or something but that's not the sort of thing we have for breakfast so for now this simple little breakfast will do. Besides, even if I wanted to do cereal, it's all stored in a cupboard which is too high up for me to reach, so I'll just have to carry on with the simple meals, hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)