Thursday 30 January 2014

Day Zero Project: Learn to crochet

Ah, crochet, my archnemisis!

As a knitter I feel like I should really be able to get the hang of crochet, after all it's using one less tool than knitting and it's nowhere near as sharp and pointy. But I still haven't quite got it yet.

A few years ago I went to our local shop which sells wool and got one of each crochet hook and invested in a Teach Yourself book, after all, it worked for knitting...

And it's all sitting in the upstairs cupboard with my other crafting supplies.

That's not to say I'm a complete stranger to crochet hooks. I've used them a couple of times with my knitting. Great Uncle Angus MacScarecrow needed one to thread his hair and beard.



I am able to make something with some yarn and a crochet hook; if by something you mean a rather wonky chain with no concept of tension. It's when I try to join things together to make an actual thing that I mess things up.

I'll get it figured out eventually, I'm sure, but for now I'll stick with my knitting considering I find that much easier to coordinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)