Monday 10 December 2012

Christmas Countdown: Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy

Whenever the music channels used to do those compilation shows of Christmas music, this was one I always looked out for. I like that it tells a little story to explain why these two singers come together to sing a song. It's sweet and nice (and Bing Crosby sort of reminds me of my Grampy - I think it's the cardigan :D).



I love the way that it brings together someone who was new and modern, and someone who was classic. It's also interesting to note that Bing Crosby died around five weeks after this was recorded, so when this aired on TV that year I imagine there would have been a slightly different feeling to the one that was originally intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)