Thursday 28 May 2015

Wreck This Journal: Page of Good Thoughts

I'd originally planned to share a different page this week, one which is slightly harder to get a good photo of, but while I was flicked through the pages trying to find the one I wanted, I happened to stop on this one, the PAGE OF GOOD THOUGHTS.

This is one of those pages which I quite often forget about because I don't add to it as regularly as I do with some of the pages (like my Ws and Circles pages). But I love the idea of this page and someday, if I find a nice sturdy notebook, I think I might expand this page out into a whole book, because it's nice to have somewhere to collect things that make you smile.


For the longest time this page just had that Amazon note on it. It was from a spur of the moment gift that Mr Click decided to treat me to from Amazon. He had it packaged up as a gift and when it arrived I decided to make this my first 'good though'. Looking at it always makes me smile because you can really feel his enthusiasm for his gift in the comment.

The love heart beneath it is one of the table decorations from my cousin's wedding. I grabbed a couple of them with the intention of sticking them in here. I also have a picture of Bagpuss, I have no idea where that came from, but I love Bagpuss. I've got a cuddly one of my own who says 'It's rather nice to have a cuddle' which is a very good thought as far as I'm concerned.

All of the other little bits I've stuck in here came from my birthday, because that was just a whole day of good thoughts. I've got the tag from my in-laws' gift to me, some wrapping paper from my Mum's gift and a selection of the little flowers she drew on the envelope for my card. I stuck one of those on the front cover of the journal as well. Actually, I should share my front cover again soon since I've added to it in the last few weeks.


I should really just write some things that make me happy in here as well, perhaps make a note of nice things people say. I've actually thought of printing out some of the nice comments from my blog and sticking them in here too. Though on second thoughts, I get so many nice comments on here that I might need to save that one for when I expand into my Good Thoughts Notebook!

10 comments:

  1. I love this! It makes me want to start a book of my own for good thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be a really good idea. Something to look at when you're having a bad day. ;-)

      Delete
  2. That's a great idea. A great thoughts notebook. We all need one (or ten) of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I bet if you started keeping a notebook of things that make you happy you'd actually fill it up surprisingly quickly.

      Delete
  3. Oh! That is the best note from your husband! I can read the excitement and sincerity in his words. So sweet.
    I love the happy thoughts collections. I always try to have happy thoughts but sometimes it is not easy so a collection would help at those times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really sweet, isn't it? It always makes me smile to look at it.

      I always think that when you've had a bad day, if you think back on all the things that made you smile or happy, it can be surprising just how many things there are on that list. It's easy to forget about them.

      Delete
  4. Aww! My husband always says we should have a scrapbook but I always argue that everything's online now... I like the idea of a book filled with things that make you happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried keeping a scrapbook but it became an overwhelming task trying to keep everything organised for it. I've made digital scrapbook pages and that's good fun.

      A scrapbook of happy things would be a lovely project though. ;-)

      Delete

Let me know what you think. :-)