Monday 4 May 2015

Click's Clan on Facebook

Click's Clan is now on Facebook.
Here.

I’ve had my blog linked to Twitter for a while but I’ve avoided linking it to my Facebook page for a couple of reasons; firstly, I’m not hugely active on Facebook and secondly, I wanted to keep my blog sort of separate from myself. After all, I’m friends with my colleagues on Facebook, did I really want them reading my blog?

But people I know read my blog anyway. I’ve mentioned it in conversation, people have found it through my Twitter and Instagram, and some have just googled their way there.

And you know what? It doesn’t really bother me. I know that this blog is open to anyone with an internet connection to read, and write accordingly; there’s nothing I say on here that I wouldn’t share in real life. I know I’ve shared quite a bit, especially during the A to Z Challenge, but it’s all stuff I’m happy to say out in the open.


People mentioned enjoying my posts during the A to Z Challenge and finding them interesting, plus I got lots of retweets on Twitter, so I though that setting up a Facebook page for my blog would be another way for people to share posts that might be useful or interesting. Of course I hesitated for a while because I was worried that no one would like the page, no one wants to be the kid who doesn’t get anyone showing up to their party, but then I figured it I didn’t take the chance, I’d never know.


So I’ve gone for it. And I've got a few likes already, which I'm a bit pleased about. I've set myself the target of getting 30 likes by the end of May, just to see if I can. At the moment it's set up to display most of my new posts as they go up (I'm just doing one a day so I don't spam anyone) along with little updates about things I'm getting up to which will feature on the blog in the future. Kind of like a 'you saw it here first'.

If you’ve got a Facebook page and you’re into that sort of thing, then go ahead and like it. If you know someone who might be interested in a post share it. I’m still working out other ways to use my page, but hey, I’ve got to start somewhere, right?

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting on Facebook! I just Liked your page so there's one more toward your goal. I never thought of my blog having a Facebook page. Neat idea. My posts automatically publish to my personal Facebook page. I'm not a big FBer by nature. I know I miss out on news among my friends but I just don't visit it every day...or every week for that matter. Will be interested to see how you like having a FB page for your blog. Keep us posted!
    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :-)

      I've had a personal Facebook account for ages, but this is the first time I've considered branching out. I'm trying to post photos and little updates so that people who are following the blog Facebook get to see things before regular readers (or have a heads-up about what they might see soon).

      You'll have to let me know how you like it, and don't forget to comment, like and share posts. ;-)

      Delete

Let me know what you think. :-)