Monday, 20 March 2017

#atozchallenge: Theme Reveal

Today is an important day in the A to Z Challenge calendar, it's Theme Reveal Day!

Not everyone who takes part in the A to Z Challenge adopts a theme, I'm sure that a number of people who will be blogging every day in April (except Sunday, except for the last one) will simply be revealing today that they have no theme, but I've always found that having a theme actually makes it easier to come up with topics for my posts (and keeps me from writing about completely random stuff that I know nothing about for X, Xylophones and xylocarp anyone?) so here I am!


In the past I've blogged about Infertility (2013), favourite songs (2014), and IVF treatment (2015). I'll admit, my 2013 and 2015 attempts have been my favourites, I got a fantastic response to them and looking back at them (especially 2013) shows how much I've learned myself. There wasn't really any question about what I was going to write about this time, but I wanted to avoid rehashing ground I've already covered as much as possible.

This year my focus is going to be on the embryos we were able to create during our most recent round of IVF with the posts taking the format of:

Letters to my Embryos

That probably sounds a little weird, but work with me here. I'm optimistic that one of these little bubbles currently in the freezer might one day be an actual person who will be able to read these posts and will get some idea of just how loved and wanted they have been since before they even first drew breath.

I've got about 20 posts planned so far, including all of my posts for the first week.

Check back on April 1st to see what I've got to say to my little bubblesicles.

Are you taking part in the A to Z Challenge? Have you got a theme? If you have, feel free to link to your theme reveal post in the comments.

9 comments:

  1. A great theme, I look forward to reading. As always. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you enjoy it. :-)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a sweet theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm looking forward to it.

      Delete
  3. I'm passing on A to Z again this year (I did 2014 and 2015. I think we "met" on the latter). Your idea sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I skipped it last year, but couldn't help but be drawn back in.

      And thank you, I think it was the 2015 year I found your blog, when I realised you'd been at Jordanhill when I was there. :-)

      Delete
  4. That's a wonderful idea, and I do wish you luck with your treatments. So much luck that come 2018's A - Z challenge, you'll be writing about 26 aspects of being a brand new Mom! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And fingers crossed. :-)

      Delete
  5. PS: I think I forgot to leave my link:
    https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/2017/03/a-z-blogging-challenge-theme-reveal.html

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. :-)