Wednesday 11 January 2017

Currently...

Not...
... walking today.

We've had wild weather today. I lay awake around 5am listening to it and feeling really grateful that I was able to get my hospital appointment for yesterday rather than today. There were no boats first thing and so getting off the island would have been impossible.

Thankfully there were no trees down so we're not experiencing a repeat of January 2012. Yet. Snow is the next thing forecast though and we drove through some on the way home. It'll be interesting to see if any of that settles.

Relieved...
... that yesterday's hospital appointment went well.

It was a 5am start and we reached the hospital for 9am. It was nearly 11pm by the time I got to bed and turned the light out so it made for a long day which I'm feeling today.

We were there to sign some forms, I got weighed and I picked up the first lot of meds I'll be starting later in the month.


We also put one of our Christmas gifts to good use by heading to Wagamama for lunch. If we had made it off the island today we wouldn't have had enough time for this because we'd be rushing back home straight after the appointment.

 

By the way, the coordinated hoodies, totally not intentional. When were getting ready to leave the house yesterday I mentioned to Mr Click that I'd wanted to wear my OU hoodie but if he was wearing his, I'd wear a different top. He offered to wear a different top, I replied 'yes, okay' which he misinterpreted and we ended up matching. I didn't realise until we were on the boat so we had no choice but to roll with it.

At least we both wear it well!

Working on...
... my first ever vlog!

I recorded two little videos last night. One gives a potted history of where we are in our 'infertility journey' the other is just about yesterday's appointment. They need a bit of editing (I wish I could CG out the number of times I blink) but I'm hoping to get them up in the next few days.

Busy...
... working to hand tame our little ratty crew.

Last night I braved the four of them by myself. Fezzi and Jingle briefly ganged up on me and tried to give me a heart attack by both going in different directions at the same time. Pocket is still as cuddly as ever, though he's wanting to be independent and explore, rather than snuggle in a pocket. And Dodger is beginning to fill out and come into his own. He's getting braver too.


I'll do some proper introductions to them in the coming days, alongside finishing my Christmas in Wales posts and getting my vlogs up.

It's going to be a busy few days on the blog!

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering about the tops. We once, many years ago, saw a couple in matching pea-green (obviously hand-knitted) jumpers which have become a sort of in-joke ever since if we inadvertently wear the same colours or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, we'll occasionally wear similar colours but the OU hoodies was definitely one I'm going to have to watch for in the future. Mr Click said it would be okay if we were going to an OU convention, so perhaps that's what other people thought. ;-)

      Delete

Let me know what you think. :-)