Sunday 30 June 2013

Project 52: Week 26 - Delight

I've been coming to enjoy these slightly more abstract prompts because it gives you a little bit more wiggle room than, say, Cambodia, which doesn't give you many options. That said, delight proved to be a little bit tricky purely because I didn't know exactly what I could use to capture it.

If I had small children I think I'd have taken a close up photo of a child laughing, you know the way small children do, with a big wide grin and their hands stuffed in their mouth. This wasn't really an option and I don't really have anyone close to me whose child I could steal for the afternoon to take a photo.

Luckily this theme coincided with a couple of things that have 'delighted' me, so that made the perfect photo opportunity this morning.

To celebrate a couple of things, such as getting my exam out the way (and hopefully passing it) and having an interview at work for a place on a new team (which I got), Mr Click treated me to a new Kindle. There's method in the madness here, my Mum-in-law's birthday is this week and she's wanted a Kindle for AGES, so in getting me a super duper Kindle Fire HD, we can give her my e-ink Kindle Touch. I think she's going to love it.

I've also been making noises about needing a new bag. My old bag is lovely and is still in very good condition, normally I use them until they pretty much fall apart, so I decided that I needed to get something a little bit roomier. I've suddenly become completely and utterly addicted to knitting so I find myself needing something which is big enough for book journal, a book/ereader, the small pharmacy that I carry with me at all times (because you never know when someone might need a plaster or an antihistamine) and also had a little bit of free space for a ball of wool and some knitting needles!

During a trip to our local independent bookshop, Print Point, I found a lovely bag which is just the right size. It's made by a Glasgow artist and has 'I found my family in a book' embroidered on it. As soon as I saw it, I was in love. It's so perfect. Slightly more than I might normally spend on a bag, but I love it so much that I'm willing to overlook this teeny tiny flaw.

Week 26: Delight
So my photo this week of the two things that have made me feel happy. I couldn't work out the best way to show them both and so settled for this; one on top of the other. It was pure coincidence that when I turned the Kindle on it happened to show a screen with cameras on it!

I set the focus to call on the bag, I just couldn't get an angle where the focus would be on both the book and the Kindle so I decided I'd rather have it so you could kind of see what the writing said. I cropped it pretty close as well, mainly because this was taken on the fleecey throw on our bed and you don't really need to see that!

Next week's theme is lakes which I'm guessing I'll have to go on a walk to get a photo of. Of couse, I live in Scotland, so technically my version of the theme will probably end up being lochs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)