Friday 9 August 2013

A Knitting Mystery

 

Last week I discovered a fantastic new knitting project which I knew I had to try. Unfortunately it was through a knit-along which had already started.
 

 For those not in the know, a knit-along is where everyone  knits the same thing, or sort of thing, and then you see how they all turn out at the end. It's a bit like NaNoWriMo, the fun is in knowing that you're not doing it alone.

 This particular project had started at the beginning of the year so that kind of gave me two options; try and do eight months worth of catching up (which wouldn't be the end of the world and I probably could have handled) or wait until the next one begins in January next year (and hope I still feel as enthusiastic about it when the time comes).

 Neither of these options really appealed to me so I decided to go for the unofficial third option. Do it, but be different.

 And that's all I'm going to say on the matter right now. But suffice to say, it's going to be very interesting. I've spent the  better part of a week getting it all planned out, ordering wool and rushing to finish knitting elephants so that I can cast on for this new project.

 Watch this space and hopefully all will become slightly less mud-like shortly.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)