Thursday 1 August 2013

Day Zero Project: Buy a Desk

Since our spare bedroom isn't going to actually be used as a bedroom for a little while, we decided that it would be nice to pop a desk in there. Mr Click is into Ham Radio and fancied doing a bit of that, while I thought it would be fun to set up some craft stuff in there.

There's a local Pass It On place on the island where people donate unwanted furniture and they sell it on with proceeds going to the local community. We'd got a bookcase from them and had been keeping our eyes open for a desk which might be suitable for our spare room.

Unfortunately the one desk that they had, aside from being super fancy would never have fit up our staircase. But it seemed just right for Mr Click's parents. A bit of changing rooms later and we had the desk from their house and they had a brand new (to them) desk, complete with chair.


Excuse the blurry photo, it was taken by Mr Click once he had finished assembling the desk in its new home. But it's done the trick. It fits into the room perfectly (I was a little bit worried that between the window and the sloping ceilings it wouldn't fit into the room very well).

Unfortunately Mr Click hasn't had much success with the Ham Radio signal from that room so it's sort of turned into a knitting book and packaging material storage area at the moment. I'm hoping that once my course gets started I'll be inspired to clear it off and use it as a study area.

2 comments:

  1. No signal? That's too bad. But if you can use it for studies all is not lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I'll be able to get my sewing machine set up on it as well. It's all mine now! ;-)

      Delete

Let me know what you think. :-)