Thursday 23 October 2014

Wreck This Journal: Freeze This Page

This is a page that I’ve not added a huge amount to yet, mainly because I got this book in the summer and I didn’t have much access to cold weather themed supplies. Now we’re heading towards Christmas I’m noticing a lot more references to ice and snow in magazines and catalogues, which lends itself nicely to this page.

The instruction on this page is to Figure out a way to freeze this page. And I planned to put it in the freezer for a day or so. Ice cold paper, frozen, job done.

Then I couldn’t help but stumble across a couple of pictures of this page people had done online. Several took advantage of Disney’s Frozen with Elsa or Olaf making things look chilly. And so that gave me the idea to do this:


A work colleague let me have a bunch of Christmassy stickers, so I started out ‘freezing’ my page by adding snowmen and snowflakes to it. It’s pretty plain at the moment but I’ve been collecting chilly sounding words and pictures ever since and I’m almost ready to start adding a bit more to the page.


I’m thinking I will freeze it anyway at some point in the future, just to see what happens. I’m a lot more blaze about tearing pages out of these books and sticking them back in again now. I don’t think tossing a decorated page into the freezer for a couple of days will bother me at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)