Thursday 12 March 2015

Wreck This Journal: Document Time Passing

I’ve been planning this page for ages and now that I’ve started work on it it’s become one of my favourites. I love it when you get an idea for something and then when you actually do it, it works the way you imagined it (this is the complete opposite to what normally happens for me, where I get a brilliant idea in my head then all attempts to replicated it fail).

For the DOCUMENT TIME PASSING page I didn’t really have an idea of what I was going to do. I’d seen some since ideas, like someone who drew a tree at different seasons. I did like that one and thought about doing my own version by taking photos of a scene on different days to get the same effect but I wanted to do something that I’d come up with, rather than pinching an idea from someone else.

I got the idea of this one after cutting out a bunch of years and dates for my page numbers page. It suddenly occurred to me that I could use these for the document time passing page, but held onto them until I figured out exactly what that would look like.

It turned out that this looked something like this:


The general idea is that it will be like an hourglass with all the 2014s & 2015s at the top and all the other years at the bottom, like they’re falling down from the top to the bottom. After all, hourglasses are used to measure passing time so an hourglass of years would obviously show time passing on a grander scale. I threw in the two clocks just to emphasise the time thing, since I’d cut them out of a magazine, I might as well stick them in somewhere.


I’m still going to carry on adding to it, just as soon as I’ve cut out some more years from junk mail and magazines. You’ll probably see this one again in the future because I kind of love it.

2 comments:

Let me know what you think. :-)