Monday 27 January 2014

To a Haggis

Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face,
Great chieftain o' the pudding-race!

Despite being terribly English, I've lived in Scotland for almost as long as I was ever in England and I associate myself far more with Scottish culture than with English culture. Even if I do still speak like a West Country farmer!

On Saturday we decided to have our own little Burns Supper as Mr Click's Dad kindly treated us to a haggis. I was a little nervous about actually eating it since the last time I had one it was a vegetarian version, and let's face it, they don't look particularly appetising at the best of times!


Mr Click cooked it up beautifully and we even had our neeps and tatties with it (though our tatties were boiled rather than mashed). And I really enjoyed it, which sort of surprised me a little.

Excuse the iPhone photo and the fact I'm wearing my jammies!
I can definitely see myself eating haggis again in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)