Thursday 15 January 2015

The You and Me Book: A Love Journal

Once again, I'm postponing my Wreck This Journal and Finish This Book posts. I'll get back on top of those within the next few days and they should be back on track next week. In the meantime I thought I'd share another of my 'interactive books' that I've acquired.

I've come to really enjoy looking at these books. The idea of them is that they contain prompts and you fill them in, to create a personal sort of journal on whatever the topic is. In the case of Wreck This Journal the prompts are to destroy the book, The You and Me Book: A Love Journal is about being a couple.


Mr Click popped this one into my stocking after I made a massive wishlist on Amazon of all these sorts of books that I wanted to add to my collection. He couldn't have picked a better book and I'm slowly starting to add to it.

This one is different from some of the others I've got in that instead of just filling it in by yourself, it's to be filled in as a couple. It's a nice idea. There are places to record favourite love notes, dates and meals, along with those dates that were disasters, quotes about love and being part of a couple, and little quizzes that you can fill in about your favourite things (giving you a cheat sheet when it comes to birthdays and Valentine's Day).

It's a neat little idea and I'm looking forward to filling it in together. There are bits I want to tackle by myself, but others really need the both of us to sit down together to fill in.

I think that with most of these books and journals isn't so much the process of filling them in. It's more about going back and looking at them years down the line. On the one hand I'm wanting to get this filled in as quickly as possible, so we can look back at what we've written, but by the same token I want to take it slowly to make each page really special.

This one is perhaps more personal than some of the other journals I have, so I'm not sure how much of it I'll share here. But I'm sure that one or two of the entries are likely to pop up on my blog here in the future.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a nice idea. I used to write in journals but gave that up a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love keeping journals and records of things. I've been most prolific with my book journal which I've been doing for four years now (this is my fifth year of it), but I'm enjoying finding new types of journal to record my life in.

      Delete

Let me know what you think. :-)