Saturday 30 March 2013

OU TMA 04 Word Cloud

I quite like making word clouds out of my OU assignments, it's an interesting way to see what you've been writing about and hopefully will give you an idea of whether or not you're hitting the assignment specifications.

My last assignment was due in at the very beginning of the month and I found it quite a tricky one to get through. From the way I understood it, the assignment brief was asking you for a bit more information relating to the course book, whereas previous essays have asked for evidence to be more text-based. I've gotten so used to that approach that switching back to the other method felt a bit odd.


The fact that I referred to the course book quite a bit is evident in the fact that 'Towheed', a chapter author in the course book, is easily as big as the authors of the actual books. As you can probably see, this essay dealt with Conan Doyle's The Sign of Four and Stevenson's 'The Beach of Falesa'.

I really struggled with this one. Not helped by the fact that I was coming down with a cold at the time and I just really struggled to get motivated to write this. As I kept writing it, more and more things came to me and it got to the point that I went well over the word count. This meant that I had to chop bits out and I ended up cutting out bits that I thought were relevant but which were less relevant than other bits. It's so frustrating when that happens.

I'm still waiting to find out my mark for this one, though by the time this is posted I might have it back. I don't think I'll be too bothered by a low mark, so long as I pass, that's the main thing.

In other OU news, I'm just waiting to find out my location for the exam in June. I got an email asking if I wanted a local examination venue. I said yes, but then it showed up online as being some place in Glasgow. Luckily it's now switched over to 'TBA' so hopefully that'll come up soon online. I'm hoping for either the school or the Pavilion, but as long as I don't have to get a ferry to get there, I'm not going to complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)