Wednesday 15 May 2013

Blog Spotlight: A Day in the Life of a Little Hippie

I'm trying to write a blog post each month about one of my favourite blogs. Of course, like all good intentions, I sort of missed it last month, but I'm back on track again. Before I started this I was only following a handful of blogs and I thought this would be a good way to connect with my friends over the coming year. Now, in part due to the A to Z Challenge, I'm following a whole bunch of new blogs so if I continue doing one blog spotlight each month I'll have enough to keep me going for several years!

Believe it or not, Sammie's blog at A Day in the Life of a Little Hippie was what prompted me to start doing the blog spotlight. I always read her posts but don't always think of something to say at the time, that made me think of ways I could let my friends know that I liked their posts even though I might not comment regularly.


I know Sammie through HTV and a number of her blog posts are about the HTV nail art challenge that she and several of the other girls are taking part in. She's fantastically creative, as you can see from her nail art posts. Some of my favourites are the watermelon nails, the milkshake ones, the tiger print, and the spring ones.

As well as decorating nails, Sammie's also pretty creative when it comes to jewellery. She makes bracelets, earrings and necklaces which you can buy from her Etsy shop. I particularly like the Hogwarts ones (made in the Hogwarts House colours); she regularly posts photos of what she's been working on.

A Day in the Life of a Little Hippie is a bit of a multipurpose blog, Sammie blogs about all sorts of things, not just jewellery and nail art. She has excellent taste in music and has recently started posting cover songs which are better than the originals (you can see part one here and part two here). I'm really enjoying these and I'm looking forward to seeing what she'll come up with next.

Perhaps my favourite thing to see on Sammie's blog is her photography. She takes beautiful photos and lives in an area where she gets lots of opportunities to take interesting pictures (but can even make photos taken in a recording studio look beautiful). I love the photos of animals at the zoo but she's also started doing a midweek photo stop which is a little collage of photos she's taken during the week which is cool too.

So why not head over to A Day in the Life of a Little Hippie and check out some of Sammie's posts.

2 comments:

  1. Cait! I'm blushing ♥ thank you for such a gorgeous, glowing review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete

Let me know what you think. :-)