Monday 14 July 2014

Updating the Wardrobe

My graduation tickets went on sale last week and although I’ve not officially passed my course yet I’m really hoping I have. I’ve had a pretty good idea of what I want to wear, namely a smart blue dress. I’ve spent an awful lot of time looking online for the sort of thing I wanted.

Saturday we got up at 5am! At the weekend! I have no intention of getting out of bed before noon this Saturday! We wanted to catch the first boat off the island so we could get through to Clydebank fairly early.
I’d planned the shops I wanted to visit with almost military precision: Matalan, TK Maxx, Primark, New Look, Dorothy Perkins, M&S. I needn’t have worried about that too much. We went into Matalan and almost straight away I spotted a lovely blue dress with a black border at the bottom. It was surprisingly painless.

Image from Matalan
I’ve also been desperately in need of some new t-shirts. I always used to just wear plan long-sleeved tops but I’ve been branching out into prettier things so I spent an absolute fortune on a whole host of different tops. I’ve got a fantastic collection now which means it takes the pressure off the washing machine to get everything washed and dried in time to wear each week.

I’ve also picked up two new dressed and a hair accessory for another event I’ve got coming up as well as two new books. I’ve really splurged on reading material this last week; four new books in just a week. Actually, I picked up a book in a charity shop as well. When I went to Oban I bought The Friday Night Knitting Club and on Saturday I spotted a book called Knit Two which is the sequel. Obviously, as I’ve not read the first one, I couldn’t start on the second.

So I just had to pick up a couple more books for myself. I decided to go for John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars and Will Grayson, Will Grayson since I’ve seen that both are pretty popular in my blogging spheres. I’m really sailing through The Fault in Our Stars but the other book will have to wait for a while because I was planning on reading a book about James Herriot next, it just was a bit too bulky to take in my bag with me on Saturday.

The day ended very well. When we got home and were settled watching Criminal Minds there was a knock at the door. One of our neighbours had made Pimms and brought us a jug. It was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)