Tuesday 24 February 2015

Book 38 of 2014: More Weird Things Customers Say In Bookshops by Jen Campbell

As I mentioned last week, I’ve reviewed these books before, but they’re always worth another read. More Weird Things Customers Say In Bookshops is the follow up book to Jen Campbell’s Weird Things Customers Say In Bookshops featuring, funnily enough, funny things that people have said to other people in bookshops.


This book is divided into three sections. The first are quotes from people who have said weird things in Ripping Yarns bookshop where Jen works, the second section featured quotes from other booksellers around the world, and the final section includes weird things customer say at ‘Weird Things’ book signings. It’s a bit of a tongue-twister but it’s hilarious.

As I mentioned last week, I read this one as a quick read while I was waiting for my copy of The Bookshop Book (also by Jen) to arrive. I started reading it in bed on the 2nd of October and finished it in the morning the next day. I was up pretty early as that was the day I was meeting my Mum on the mainland so it was nice to read something fairly light-hearted.

Just like the first one, I’ve got my favourite quotes that I looked forward to. I’m not as familiar with this book as with the first so I’d forgotten a few of them as well. Again I enjoyed the illustrations. Those are done by the Brothers McLeod as with the first and I couldn’t help but wish for a few more quotes to have illustrations because they really are quirky. I’d quite like a couple of those on a t-shirt actually.

I copied out a couple of my favourite quotes into my book journal, but many of them were just a little bit too long for me to include. This is really just an excuse for me to keep it on my bookcase whenever I need something to make me smile. My personal favourite will always be the woman who was completely baffled that Jen was just signing her own book, not any others, like the copy of Fifty Shades of Grey that the woman happened to be buying. The insanity of it!


Next week I should technically be reviewing The Bookshop Book but I’ve already done that and you can read my review here. If you’ve not read that one, you really should since it’s a wonderful book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)