Thursday 12 February 2015

Wreck This Journal: Write/Scribble on the edges

This is actually a page I did months and months ago. I think it was back around July, but I've just not gotten around to sharing the photographs, mainly because I've not been sure whether or not I'm going to add to the page (and also because I've not decorated the page that the instructions are on and I feel like I should really do that at some point as well).

The direction was to 'close the journal' then 'write/scribble on the edges'. People have tackled this in different ways; some have just coloured it in using rainbow colours, others have written things on the edges. I knew that I wanted to go for the latter option and it was just a question of what words I would write there.

You can tell how old these pictures are by how neat the journal still looks:


The quote is Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end. It's been attributed to various people so I'm not sure exactly where it came from, but it really stuck with me.

I first read it shortly after we had to cancel our IVF cycle two years ago and I clung onto it because at that time things were most definitely not okay. And I'm still reminding myself of this quote whenever something crops up that makes me feel a little bit down. Since it's written on the edges of this book, which is a permanent feature in my bag, I see it every day.

And it's sort of fitting that I'm sharing this right now, because we're all set to give the IVF/ICSI another shot again in the coming months. There have been some big hiccoughs along the road to get to this point, but we're all ready again now. A month from now we will have been to Glasgow for our first lot of tests.

I'll let you know how it all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)