Sunday 14 December 2014

Weekly Rundown: Weather Bombs, Bobbed Hair, & Hanging With Santa

Uh, yeah, it was the work Christmas night out last night. I'm afraid I can't come up with a more imaginative title for this post. It's not that I was drinking or anything, but it was a late night and apparently my brain is getting too old for these late nights.

This has been a pretty eventful week. Obviously we started out with the 'weather bomb'. When did we start getting those? I don't ever remember anything being called a weather bomb before. I feel like an old lady, in my day we had storms, not weather bombs.

Anyway, we were lucky in that despite being pretty windy and there not being any ferries running properly for two days, we avoided the worst of it. The seas were more than a little bit choppy though.


That's the view outside my in-laws' house last week. Mr Click took the photos on his phone for me so I could see how wavy the water was. Next time I'll have to get him to make a video so you can really appreciate just how much movement there was there.

We had some impressive lightning and thunder too, over those two days. One seemed to come from right outside the window of the bedroom I was sleeping in. Tara was most definitely not impressed with it.

Then yesterday we had a big freeze with lots of ice. This made travelling to town for me to get my hair cut somewhat treacherous. We ended up spending most of our time wandering around down the middle of the road, since none of the paths had been gritted. Normally this sort of behaviour makes me a bit twitchy, but Rothesay seems to have its own set of rules for the road, one of which is that pedestrians will walk pretty much anywhere. None of the drivers seemed too bothered to see us there.

And yes, the haircut is the other big thing that's happened this week. You may remember the previous drastic haircut when I went from this:


To this:


Well, I've been psyching myself up to going even shorter. It's taken me a while, it's about two years since the last big chop. I spent a while googling potential new styles and eventually settled on something short and choppy. My short hair was fairly easy to take care of, but I wanted something even more low maintenance. So I've gone for this:


I have to say I like it. I didn't do anything with it after the hairdresser cut and styled it for me yesterday but this morning I was faced with that difficult task of trying to recreate what the experts did the day before. It's something I've always suffered with, the hairdresser makes it look all nice and neat, then I end up looking like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards.

Not so this time. I'll admit, it's a little bit flat on one side, and a little bit sticky out on the other, but that's just because I couldn't be bothered to get my straighteners out before I left the house. Bit of hairspray to keep my fringe out my eyes and a run through with a comb and it's perfect. I love it!

And I think I looked pretty good for my night out last night. Good food, good company, and Santa, what more does a girl need?


It really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Love your new hair cut. My hair is about 8 inches longer than what you had in the first picture. It's been long my entire life. I just cut 6 inches off last month because I kept sitting on it and pulling my own hair. lol I've thought about cutting it but I just can't do it. Sounds like you all had some interesting weather too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was a little worried that it was going to be too drastic, but it's so much easier to handle than the super long hair was. When it was the length in the top picture I'd not had it cut since before I got married so nearly three years!

      Sounds like it was a brave move going for even 6 inches shorter for you. It's a big change when you're used to having it so long.

      We're used to the odd bit of crazy weather but I've never experienced a weather bomb before!

      Delete

Let me know what you think. :-)