Saturday 1 March 2014

On the Straight and Narrow

As my knitting needles undid themselves for the third time and I watched half the stitches of my current project slide off the cable this morning I realised that perhaps the time has come to retire my trusty Denise interchangeables.

I've had these things virtually since I started knitting and together we've produced many projects. Unfortunately the connections where they twist together are rather worn out and they have a habit of coming undone at awkward moments. Like 3/4 of the way through a current project.




I hadn't planned to be looking for another project so soon and we were in bed watching a film at the time when I realised I needed something I could knit with two straights.

Luckily I had the free needles that came with the latest issue of Simply Knitting by the bed, and last week I moved my knitting stuff to the downstairs cupboard so I was back with a project in minutes.

So now I'm working on a doll from a Jean Greenhowe pattern. So far I've got her head knitted up so hopefully it won't be long before she's taking shape properly.

Oh, and I'm trawling Amazon and eBay for a new set of needles. I feel like I'm missing a limb without my faithful circs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)