Wednesday 10 April 2013

Chocolate

I keep a list on my phone of things that I want to write blog posts about and one those, rather cryptically, says ‘Chocolate’. I tend to add to that list when I’m in my breaks at work, I just jot down a note of a title or idea for something I could use for the blog. Unfortunately, sometimes I don’t jot down quite as much information as I should. Obviously at the time that I added it to my list, there was some reason why I wanted to write a blog post about chocolate, but now it’s come to it, I can’t really remember what it was I was planning to say.


Do you have one particular treat that you turn to all the time? Happy? Sad? Need to celebrate?

Mine is chocolate. I go through phases with chocolate; sometimes I just don’t fancy it at all, other times I just can’t stop craving the stuff. Of course the best times of year for chocolate are Christmas and Easter, and though I get less of the stuff now than when I was younger, I’m very good at drawing it out and making it last a little while.

I’m often tempted by the vending machine at work. Each week or so a lovely gentleman comes to restock it, and he’s very good at taking requests or bringing in special edition chocolate bars. It’s obviously not good for my waistline, but I do enjoy sampling the Chocolate Orange bars, special Orange Kit Kats and other funky sounding treats.

I’m not a complete chocoholic, despite what my giant hot chocolate mug and the t-shirt I pinched from Mr Click would have you believe, but it is one of my favourite treats. It’s good for a pick me up when I’m feeling a bit tired mid-afternoon at work. When faced with a menu in a fancy restaurant, I know I’ll like any pudding with the word ‘chocolate’ in it. And there’s nothing quite like a big mug of hot chocolate after a cold winter walk with Tara.

What’s your favourite treat?

4 comments:

  1. I love chocolate. Chocolate truffles to be exact.

    Dark Thoughts Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't think when I last had chocolate truffles. I'm thinking I'll have to pick some up when I'm next in Thornton's. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I'm so fickle with chocolate. As a kid I loved Galaxy, as a teen/late teen it was Mars Bars. Now I get hankerings for everything from Toffee Crisps, Wispa's, Kit Kat (just ordinary ones mind) and Bounty. I do love a nice chocolate digestive as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it depends on my mood. At work we have a vending machine and I have to sit with my back to it in the canteen otherwise I'll take one look at the Toffee Crisps and I'm craving them. Just reading that list has made me start craving all the ones you've mentioned!

      Delete

Let me know what you think. :-)