Tuesday 24 December 2013

Four Years Ago Today

Let me tell you a little story that happened four years ago today.

It was 2009 and Mr Click and I had realised that we could actually get married in the December that was fast approaching. I'd always loved the idea of a winter weather, especially in December because Christmas is my favourite time of the year.

I thought the 21st of December seemed like a good choice (shortest day, longest night) but when we realised that this was a Monday, and the registry office was closed for weddings on Mondays because of court sessions taking place there then, we had to reconsider.

I wanted the date to be memorable, beyond being our wedding day, so the next option was the 16th of December; Mr Click's birthday. While we were talking about it we half joked that Christmas Eve would be pretty memorable too but never imagined for one minute that it would actually be an option.

I made the call to the registry office and they said 'when were you thinking?' Joking I replied 'Christmas Eve' to which they said 'how does 11am suit you?' And so that's when we got married.


And it was definitely a memorable day. Not least because for several days before there was a lot of snow and roads closed due to ice. The day before the wedding we kept trying to call the registry office to see if it could go ahead. Little did we know that they'd actually closed up for the Christmas holiday and only went back on Christmas Eve purely to marry us! The staff did a fantastic job and we'll always be grateful to them for that.

It was a lovely white wedding, in as much as there was still a pretty layer of snow blanketing the ground; my dress was a deep red with hints of purple. It wasn't a massive fancy affair, but it was perfect for us and just what we wanted.

So Happy Anniversary Mr Click, here's to all the rest!

2 comments:

  1. Aww happy anniversary! You make such a lovely couple, great photo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      It's one of my favourite photos from when we got married. :-)

      Delete

Let me know what you think. :-)