Thursday 17 April 2014

#atozchallenge: O is For...

Oo-De-Lally – Disney’s Robin Hood



I could have so easily have included twenty Disney films in my favourites list but I very carefully cut many of them out in favour of songs which have more significant meaning to me, rather than just really liking that bit of the film. This was one which I had to include though because it was my very favourite film as a small child. This is the opening of the film and I love how it sets the scene for what is to follow. Plus it’s fun to sing along to as well!

Only Time – Enya



This will always be the song which plays when Bobby died in Third Watch. I had it on one of the Enya CDs I had when I was in Halls of Residence at University and it always seemed familiar but it wasn’t until about a year later when I caught that episode and it reminded me why I always felt like there was something sad about the song. Maybe it’s because I’m used to living near the CD and something about it reminded me of home when I was living in the middle of Glasgow, but the rhythm of it makes me think of the water lapping on the shores of the beach.

One Way Ticket (Because I Can) – LeAnn Rimes



When I was in my last year of school we decided to take an Easter holiday driving around the bits of Scotland we had never really seen before. We just hopped in the car and drove, not making any real plans about where we were going to sleep at night or which places we wanted to visit. We got lucky and always managed to find a hotel or B&B somewhere, as well as seeing lots of interesting sights – I’ve always thought that that trip was the reason I managed to get an A in Geography that year because it helped to cement lots of landscape features in my mind. The LeAnn Rimes Greatest Hits CD was one of our soundtracks for the journey and the travelling theme of this one helps to remind me of that Easter.

Our Song – Taylor Swift



Yet another Taylor Swift one. Once again it reminds me of the summer we went to North Yorkshire. It conjures up memories of hot sunny days, driving along beside Mr Click, singing along to the CD. And that’s kind of how this song starts, so that makes it really fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)