Monday 21 April 2014

#atozchallenge: R is For...

R was another letter that I had quite a few songs for... I did narrow it down somewhat.

Restless - Alison Krauss & Union Station


 
This is another song from the album which features Borderline, which I used way back at the letter B. It makes me think of my time at University because it was a song that I often used to listen to on the journey to and from the campus. There's something about the chorus which I just love, I suppose it's that feeling that everyone can relate to at one time or another (apart from the whole getting arrested bit, never done that). I like that I can recognise this song right from the very first notes, it's very distinctive.
 
Rumbly in my Tumbly - Winnie the Pooh
 

 
The video above is taken from a Disney sing-along video that I had when I was little which is why I chose this version over the cartoon version. I used to sing this song when I was about three when I was hungry... to let my parents know I suppose. Therefore I think it warrants a mention... especially as I'm still inclined to do it now to let Mr Click know that I might want feeding.
 
Re: Your Brains - Jonathan Coulton
 

 
I first found this video through a blog I used to follow. Mr Click isn't really a fan, but that doesn't stop me from playing it to him whenever I get an opportunity. I love songs with clever lyrics and this one is a perfect example, I particularly like the way that it translates business jargon into a zombie epidemic setting. It's very funny. It was kind of my theme song last Halloween when I dressed up as a zombie for work.
 
Return of the King - Tom Smith
 

 
Another song I found through the same blog I used to follow through which I found Re: Your Brains. I can't for the life of me remember which one it was now. I particularly like the use of the clips from the Return of the King film. This one is partially included because it appeals to the Lord of the Rings fan in me; if you're going to make a parody song like this you've got to have a pretty good knowledge of the source material. I suspect Tom Smith might be a bit of a fan.
 
Roly Poly - The Little Willies & Norah Jones
 

 
This one was another of the songs that we ended up listening to frequently during our stay in Appin. It's about a little boy who likes to eat a lot. We used to say that it was about one of our old rats who was a little bit tubby around the middle and definitely liked his food. It's probably not a politically correct sort of song to sing to one's children, but it's good to sing along to in the car on long journeys. I could've quite easily used all of the songs on this album for my favourites actually.

2 comments:

  1. Fun theme. For R, I can only think of Runaway, offhand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did make my list but then there were too many other songs that I loved more so it got bumped down the list.

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. :-)