Tuesday 1 April 2014

#atozchallenge: A is For...

Around September last year I started thinking about what I could do for my A to Z Challenge this year. Then I kept on putting it to the back of my mind until just last week when in a moment of insanity I decided to just go for it!

This year I’ve ransacked my mp3 player for some of my favourite songs to share here. In doing this I’ve realised that I class a lot of country songs as favourites, I tend to prefer songs by female solo artists, and I’ve had to weed out an awful lot of Disney songs because I had quite a few of those on my list as well.

Almost Lover – A Fine Frenzy



I come to a lot of songs and singers through TV series. Almost Lover is one of those. I can’t remember where I heard it first, either on a Bones fanmix or in an episode of CSI: New York. It was probably both around the same time. I’ve noticed it on a few shipper fanmixes since then, it fits well for most not-quite relationships.

All Summer Long – Kid Rock



I know that this is one of those Marmite songs. Lots of people don’t like it, but I have good associations with it. It reminds me of summer with my brother and our ‘parties in the kitchen’. It was funny because when we used to go see Status Quo they always used to have a recording of the same songs on a loop before the act started and this was one of them. Plus it’s a good one to sing along to at the top of your voice.

10 comments:

  1. So you've done this challenge before? I'm curious to know what you did last year. I'll have to poke around your site and find out. This is my first attempt. I only heard about the challenge a few days before it started. I've got some brainstorming ahead of me! Do you have songs from A-Z for this year? Some of those letters will be tricky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. :-D

      I did it last year about the A to Z of infertility, you can see them under the A to Z Challenge tag. This year hasn't been too hard to come up with songs, apart from Q, that took some thinking about!

      Good luck with your challenge. I'll check out your blog. :-)

      Delete
  2. I can remember going to see Status Quo with friends, I am not a great Quo fan but the concert was impressive because 90% of the audience sang along with almost every song and leapt about from start to finish. . .

    Good luck on the journey to Z.

    Rob Z Tobor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was what I always loved about going to see them, the fans were always really into it.

      We started taking my brother when he was about four everyone was always so good with him as well, if we got down the front they'd make way for him or hold him up so he could see.

      Delete
  3. I've not heard either of those songs before, but I have to admit I lead a pretty sheltered life when it comes to pop culture. I'm impressed that you have songs for the whole alphabet!

    TaMara
    AJ's AtoZ wHooligan
    Tales of a Pee Dee Mama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit sheltered myself, I have to admit that I couldn't tell you what's in the charts at the moment - I know what I like and that's the main thing.

      Good luck with your challenge posts.

      Delete
  4. I can relate - I have been thinking about the A to Z Challenge for awhile too - maybe not since September! Thanks for sharing your picks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I like to plan ahead. Despite all that thinking I only decided to take part at the last minute.

      Good luck with your posts.

      Delete
  5. This should be a fun, relaxing spot to land in whilst checking out blogs in A to Z! I get to hear some music! I liked Almost Lover. I don't listen to much music now, so they'll probably all be new to me!
    This is my third A to Z! Good luck this year.

    Donna Smith
    The A-to-Z Challenge
    http://mainelywrite.blogspot.com/ - Mainely Write

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you stop by again. I've got some newer songs and some quite old ones so you might find some old favourites... or maybe some new ones.

      Good luck with your posts too.

      Delete

Let me know what you think. :-)